Wednesday, May 23, 2007

In the Good Ole Summertime

So, I think summer is actually going to come to our home. After a dreadful cold snap in May, we have been making up for lost hot weather in the past few days. I recently ordered this "Lil' squirt pool" from One Step Ahead (kids catalog) and I just love it. With Daddy out of town this week, I am trying to stay ultra busy with the kids. I must be honest and say our Tivo'd Curious George episodes get a workout at night (hence, this blog entry) but overall, we have been playing lots. And a big shout out to my neighbor and friend Abigail for helping with the kids this morning, as I got to go to my last session of BSF for the year. It is called sharing day, and it was just great so many thanks to friends that help me raise my kids! Aside from stressing over my passport's no show, and possibly sidelining a stellar, trip of a lifetime (to Curacao) I am having a good week. I am trying to stay positive- so come on passport!

We are lucky Ben stayed dressed for these photos. He discovered how much fun it is to go naked. He wanted to eat in the buff, and I had to bring it to halt on our evening walk, but all in all, we relinquished all nudists to the backyard. Ben is in love with his sunflower that he is growing, and it is the first thing we check in the morning- it is his pride and joy. Tonight as we were playing in the backyard, I was on the phone with Todd, and Ben was just talking away- I said who are you talking to, and he said, "God" matter of factly. He also enjoyed playing "Restaurant" at dinner hour, and I played the waitress. He was quite a gentleman.
Maddie is really babbling these days, and she took two steps today. Ok, they were kind of wobbles, and then a quick sit-down-boom. But, she is on her way. She also loves Ben's piano and microphone, which just got revived. She is showing a great affinity to the microphone; so, look out American Idol!
Not to worry, I am not making martinis for my children, but I thought this was pretty funny. I made pink lemonade slushies for Ben and Maddie, and as I was looking for a fun glass, all I could find was some plastic martini glasses I had bought for a party over two years ago- no, I am not making this up!! It was a fun time.

No comments: