Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Adoption Tour Kickoff

Well, it is official, Todd is currently riding his bike across Tennessee to promote and bring awareness to Adoption in Tn. and the need for homes for over 400 of Tennessee's most precious resources- our children. That's right, over 400 children in Tn. are without a "forever family" , and Todd along with 60+ other riders are trying to bring solutions to this problem. Check it out at their website
We are all so proud of Todd!

Here are some photos of the start in downtown Memphis. The kids and I promptly hopped in the car and drove home after this photo, and we will meet Todd at the finish line on Friday. Can't wait to see him. I spoke to him last night, and they had completed 89 miles of the 433 total miles they will undertake this week.

So far, so good!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

linda said...

This is so cool! Yea Todd! I think I just heard Beth on WBIR say they got rained on today - I look forward to hearing about the rain ride.
Linda

Haute Mama said...

We will be praying for Todd and his fellow riders on their bike journey. I hope this not only brings awareness of adoption to others, but also allows others to open their hearts and homes to these children who need a family. Please keep us posted on Todd's travels! Much love.

Ivy said...

I happened upon your blog by accidently typing in the wrong blogger address! But boy am I glad I did. My name is Ivy, and I am from Utah. I only read a few of your posts, and am so very touched at the things you have blogged about regarding your family. You're an awesome family! And your stories need to be in a book!

I am going to venture out of my comfort zone here and ask if you have heard of Heritage Makers? Heritage Makers is an online storybooking company, where you can create and publish your own storybooks, the way you want!

Check out my website at www.heritagemakers.com/324601

There is a link for you to contact me if you have any questions. If you like what you see, and you like the idea of capturing your treasured stories in a storybook that will last for generations, you can sign up for a free acoount!

Thanks for letting me stop by :)
~Ivy
Utah