Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tomato Heaven

ok, Today I realized the extent to which my son loves his tomato plant. First, when I went to pick him up from the pool (HUGE thank you to Jessica!! ) And, what I thought would be a huge battle turned out to be surprisingly easy: when I told him about seeing two green tomatoes on his plant, his eyes got as big as saucers, and he really wanted to go home. Second, when it was time to take a nap, he went right down as long as his baby tomato could come with him.

Also, note to self, I feel there is a spiritual object lesson here I know i will want to use later. He really wanted to pick his tomato. After begging him not to, curiosity got the best of him- and since it is HIS plant, I didn't fuss too much. But, when he told me that it would grow and grow and turn red- i had to explain that once the fruit was off the vine, it could not grow any more!
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he
will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.John
15:4-6
Posted by Picasa

No comments: