Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Our Trip to the ZOO!

I started to label this post as "How I Won the Au Pair Lottery", but I didn't think it would be altogether acurate, so I settled for the above. You might be wondering how I got an Au Pair for the week, well let's just say you have to ask for things you would like to have- that's what I tell Ben constantly.
Ben: "I want some milk"
Mom: "How do you get things you want in life?"
Ben: "Please may I can have some milk"
Mom: "That's my boy!"
Anyway, once again, I digress.
Last Monday I was at a lovely birthday party when I saw my friend, Tiffany, the Regional Director for Au Pair Care. We were catching up, and I jokingly said, "If you ever have an Au Pair that needs a place to stay, give me a call!" and she said, "Well...it just so happens..."

Come to find out, she had an Au Pair that had been in Oneida, TN for one month and was being switched to another family. She needed a place to stay/work for possibly 2 weeks. I jumped at the chance. Her name is Antonia, and she has been a nice addition to our family. She is from Budapest, Hungary and given her situation, she has adjusted very nicely. I have learned that I probably would not benefit from an Au Pair, as I seem to gravitate to the host role way too much! My final summation is that I would make a horrible manager! Antonia is going to move on tothe Detroit area, so we wish her well. She has about 11 more months to go!

She was interested in seeing the Zoo last Friday, so it turned out to be a lovely day. It was overcast and cloudy, so it wasn't too hot and the animals were out and about.

By the way, if you are still reading, I am an official member of the Zoo!!!










Posted by Picasa

No comments: