Sunday, December 24, 2006

Sticking Traditions

As a fairly new mom, this whole Christmas thing, I must say, is really fun. One tiny pressure that I feel though is creating those warm and fuzzy memories my children will always remember. Hopefully through scrapbooks and blogs, it can at least appear as though. But alas, I have those who paved the trail to help; like, Grandparents, Friends and Aunts and Uncles. Here are some great shots of two traditions others helped me start. First, my friend Heidee who grew up in Austria handed down a favorite tradition from her family, the advent calendar, complete with Austrian chocolates. Although Maddie missed out this year, Ben absolutely loved it. Here he is with his calendar. He is a bit baffled why we can't have chocolate every morning now.


Another great treat Ben had starting on the 13th was thanks to my Mom. It was the 12 days of Christmas "Dotty Style". Ben got into the swing of things and would come to our bed every morning (yes, at 6ish) and would jump up and down for his chocolate and present. spoiled? no way!












Another tradition I would like to see stick is hiding my children under Uncle Wade and Aunt Donna's Christmas Tree. These folks did the Griswald's proud this year and came up with the most monstrous tree I have witnessed west of the Biltmore Estate. Thankfully Ben and Maddie were able to show off the many benefits of such a big tree. Now, every day is arbor day at the Wade and Donna's.

No comments: