Saturday, March 17, 2007

Let's Stay Home Today

Friday is the only day of the week we don't have anything scheduled -so, we decided to forego the library and just have pajama day. After getting spoiled by spring weather, we had a cold snap, or blackberry winter, and we did not have the advantage of the great outdoors as an activity option, so we had to get creative. Ben decided to set up his store, and proceeded to empty my pantry. Ok, I just have to let go and get messy right? Then, even though chilly and rainy, we donned our rain boots and played some hoops. I did not last long, but I think Ben could have lasted lots longer! Well the day sounds idyllic, and if I was still working, I am sure I would be jonesing for a day like this, but by 1:30, after both children refused to take a nap, (it was not pretty- so if you are reading this blog and think i am the mother of the year, think again. It was Friday, mind you and I had dealt with a traveling husband and out of town company. Now we were all "cozy" inside for a day, and no nap??!!Was it happy hour yet?) Ok, I digress.

I decided to institute "rest time" where Ben would sit quietly in his room, Maddie could hang out in her crip- she likes books too. They would quietly read, and rest of course. Now, stop laughing. Ben just used his creativity to decorate his bathroom! Luckily, these were special bathtub crayons- who invented these?? Anyway, the rest of the day goes like this, I piled both kids in the car and headed for Starbucks. 1/2 of my crew fell asleep, so a sleeping 3 year old is a beautiful thing come 3:00pm. So, I did not disrupt a good thing, and let him get some much needed rest from all that creative .....play. We went on to have a good, although exhausting beginning to our weekend, many thanks to Dad for coming in from the road- and rescuing me! We went to Chilis for dinner, and enjoyed ice cream for dessert. Nights are getting better- as we have gotten Ben to sleep all night- just in time for Maddie to start waking again. Hey, I signed up for this , right!



This next photo took place sometime last Friday, this is a shout out to my friend Amy - thanks for this idea. It is designed to be done with ice trays, but I couldn't find mine, so we used styrofoam bowls(sorry Al) three had colored water and three were clear water; Ben used an medicine dropper to mix the colors. This kept him busy for some time, and he enjoyed it.















We are spending more time outside now thanks to Spring! Yea! This photo shows the sibling love going on here at our house. Maddie is learning to fend for herself! I think they will have great fun playing together eventually. It is fun to watch them grow together. I think Ben is going to be a great big brother, although, at three yrs. I don't know if he has fully grasped the job description. We are working on it though.

No comments: