Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Squish Squash and Cozy Coupes

Is my life great or what? I am amazed at how tiring this job of motherhood is, but occasionally I stop and say- dude, this is really something. Maddie is growing so fast, and Ben is, well let's just say, a trip. I took these shots when we had a fun day of art and play. Ok, ok, it lasted about 28 minutes, but hey- it was structured and it wasn't too stressful! And, it makes me look good- ha. Seriously, this was a great-albeit not original project that Ben loved. I call it squish squash, and I found the recipe in my Preschoolers Busy Book - a great resource. This is the recipe:
1/2 C corn starch
2 C water
boil water and stir in cornstarch. Add food coloring of choice and when cooled put in a zip lock bag- then they can squish it all they want. Also, they can trace letters or use plastic cookie cutters. Note to self- don't use cheap zip locks- use the real thing!
Fun stuff. We did get lots of mileage out of the bag shown here.

Isn't Maddie a good driver? The paint job is compliments of Ben circa Summer '06. Nice.

No comments: