Saturday, March 24, 2007

Spring Break Rocks



I have always loved the sound of "Spring Break". Memories of forays to Panama City and fantastic road trips come to mind. Then, it was all about relaxing. Now, it is all about finding people who will help me entertain my children; aka babysit for free. LOL.


.ouch, the truth hurts. Seriously, like most activities with my toddlers, I do love a plan, so we planned on seeing some grandparents, and due to the fact that one in particular was babysitting in Nashville, we just crashed the party and went there a few days. Hats off to Uncle Tom Tom and Auntie Rob Rob. Having an infant around is like round the clock work! Mine is just turning 1 soon, and I have all too soon forgotten the joys of a baby baby. Just look at these three cousins though- they all played very well together, we sure missed Carly though. Everyone is growing up so fast! Dee Dee and the kids and I planned a fun day due to the nice weather. We went to Palmer Park in the beautiful Belle Meade area of Nashville and chatted with all the nannies. Yes we did. That's how we learned that they had live bunnies at Phillips Toy Mart- truly the coolest toy store I had been in ever. I even had to go back by myself and load up on cool toys for young and old. The nights were filled with American Idol of course, and a great visit from surrogate Auntie Carol. Big shout out to CC! Our last day's visit in Nashville was spent picking beautiful daffodils. Ben loved this. Just check out these Kodak moments! Now a trip to middle Tn would not be complete without a visit to our favorite watering hole- Tullahoma, TN. Specifically, Chez Burfitt. Now talk about some wonderful free babysitting. All the young ones there know how to entertain a three and one year old. A Big shout out to Sid, Sam and Corey G! Many thanks for playing with my kids, and bearing thru the noisy night of so called sleep. Many thanks too, to Aunt Donna and Uncle Wade. We are looking forward to the summer.

No comments: