Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ben's Art Project




In the mind of my 3 year old, Crayola Crayons are built for one specific purpose- breaking in half. He occasionally likes to color, although he likes markers better. I even went so far as to buy the "twisty" crayons that twist out of a plastic holder. To no avail, he still is not interested in coloring; painting, yes "I like to slap the paint" he says. Recently I had tired of throwing away bits of crayolas when I came across an idea in one of my favorite publications, Family Fun Magazine. I actually recently purchased two compilation books of Family Fun Craft ideas. So, this is not an original idea, much to my chagrin. I simply took the broken crayons, peeled off the paper cover, and melted them in foil lined muffin tins. Here is the outcome

No comments: