Saturday, October 07, 2006

Time to Blog Daddy! & All Things Orange

What a great week we have had here at the homestead. Today was a particularly great day. The morning started off with cool weather and a breakfast outing to Court Cafe. This is a very old diner that smells just like my Grandmother's kitchen. From there, we went to the "pumpkin patch" where Ben excitedly helped pick out pumpkins for my latest project.

Dad helped greatly today, as I wanted to get some semblance of Fall on my doorstep and in my flowerbeds. I have these great iron rods that fit into a planter, to created this crazy stack of potted plants

I had always envisioned pumpkins stacked on these with drilled holes and filled with christmas lights. If you can't see it yourself, here is the end project;


But, I wanted to note some great "Daddy" moments today that I caught on film. Todd really is a stellar Dad and Ben and Maddie are in for some great times ahead. He knows that all Ben really wants is undivided attention or the opportunity to help "build" something. Even though our nerves get strained now and then, Dad enjoys being Dad- and it shows!


The day was peppered with classic boy moments, as Ben discovered a worm, and brought it to show me.


So many beautiful moments to be thankful for. I simply love days like this.

No comments: