Monday, September 18, 2006

Comrades in Motherhood




One of the great things I have discovered about motherhood, is that you open up to a whole new world of friends, as well as a whole new level of friendship. I am finally on the other end of the 15 years of hearing..."you just don't understand" ...which is altogether another blog topic in itself...anyway, positively speaking, I love having fellow moms as friends. Last Friday was a great example of how moms banding together keeps you sane! Friday morning was spent at Walker Springs Park, which is this hidden jewel in W. Knoxville. The kids enjoyed the playground, swings, riding trail and picnic lunch. It was all very shady which was great! After a great start to my day, my afternoon was rounded out with preschool "happy hour" with new friends. I don't remember when I laughed so hard. These are the days that will pepper my memories with happy thoughts of being a mom. This motherhood thing was a much sought after job, so I hope to savor every moment!

No comments: