Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My Life So Far

Ok, some weeks, really, most weeks, Life is GOOD! Fall is creeping into East Tennessee, and that is typically good. As I have said before, the key to happiness with a toddler who has a 5 month old sister, is a good schedule. Because preschool is back in as is BSF, we are cruising thru our "work-week" and having fun to boot. Monday started right out of the blocks, as we visited Paul and Mary Ann. Many thanks to them for showing us hospitality and lots of love. Paul treated Ben to some time in his workshop, and I feel very honored for my son to be under his tutelage. He still talks about Mr. Paul. He was ready to "go to work" the rest of the day.





Mary Ann was a pro at getting Maddie settled down, as she has had a little experience raising 5 kids and all!













So, many thanks to these fine folks- you make me feel loved, and my kids are so lucky to have you in their lives!!
Tuesday went off without a hitch as Ben went to preschool, and we had a great afternoon playing and then to the dollar store, where he got one dollar for not taking his shoes off all day- this is what I am reduced to, bribery! Anyway, Maddie is an amazingly good baby, and bedtime is not a problem for her, so when I am here solo, as I am this week, she makes evenings a little easier; Ben, not so much. Although the bedtime thing is getting better. Lots better. We are starting much earlier, which seems to be the ticket to a good night's sleep.

So, that brings me to tonight. So Dad, if you are reading, I hope you enjoy these photos while you are away.


It's Pizza Night!
Tonight I was feeling adventurous and wanted something activity oriented...so we made pizza, Southern Style! We used frozen biscuits, rolled them out and dressed them up. Now because the Jello poeple haven't called, I figure the Prego people will be next. Ben was literally eating this sauce out of the jar
Maddie got into the action too, and helped us put on the cheese.
I have to say, these pizzas were really tasty, but not the healthiest way to eat pizza! But isn't that the point? Maddie has started eating cereal now, little by little, so she had to pass on the pizza.
Ok, so there you have it, my blogging fix! Now, lets get some much needed sleep!

1 comment:

artyfartykat said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. It was exciting to get a comment from someone new! I hope to have some photos soon of the nuno felting.My son has taken our only digital camera to university with him, hence the lack of photos!! The nuno felting was hard work, took a lot more effort than ordinary felting but was worthwhile for the effect.Once again, many thanks.