Thursday, September 07, 2006

My Night as a Parent



OK, sometimes it's the little things we forget to appreciate in life. So, tonight I decided to take note and take photos. Ben had a great day at preschool, and Maddie and I bonded all day. I am trying to get her on a better napping schedule, and I am finding that staying home does help- at least with the morning nap. She is getting in about 1.5 to two hours in the morning. Ben's sleeping habits are just about to drive us crazy- It is a battle of wills these days, as he will get to sleep, but test us by seeing how long he can call out for us - he is screaming for Daddy as I am typing-let's just say he is quite tenacious. Anyway, I digress . Oh yea, the little things.

We had some rare "Daddy is home" time tonight. Todd is such a great Dad. I love having him home and seeing him with his children.

Maddie has re-discovered her "baby Tad" She was cackling so loud- I just wish I could capture her laugh on a sound byte- maybe someone can teach me how to do that- bloggers?
She also got a real laugh out of watching her brother jump on the "boom boom" or mini trampoline.













Ben was a real architect while building with his blocks.

Of course, bathtime is getting more and more fun! And with teeth brushing, we are ready for bed. We are trying to get to bed earlier tonight. I promise these shots were not "staged", but a real night in the life of us.

No comments: